The Stanford Conference on the State of the Union
You’re invited! On February 2nd, the Stanford Center on Poverty and Inequality will host the State of the Union Conference on Poverty and Inequality.
The feature presentation: The Poverty and Inequality Report 2015.
Authored by the country’s top experts, the report will compare the 50 states on key data across eight domains: labor markets, poverty, income inequality, mobility, health, education, segregation, and the safety net.
For conference details and to RSVP, click here.
Roster of Experts
- Michael Hout, Professor of Sociology, New York University
- Erin Cumberworth, National Poverty Fellow, Center on Poverty and Inequality, Stanford University
- Charles Varner, Associate Director, Center on Poverty and Inequality, Stanford University
- Marybeth Mattingly, Research Consultant, Center on Poverty and Inequality, Stanford University
- Raj Chetty, Professor of Economics, Harvard University
- Nathaniel Hendren, Assistant Professor of Economics, Harvard University
- Patrick Kline, Assistant Professor of Economics, UC-Berkeley
- Emmanuel Saez, Professor of Economics, UC-Berkeley
- Karen Jusko, Assistant Professor of Political Science, Stanford University
- Timothy Smeeding, Arts and Sciences Distinguished Professor of Public Affairs and Economics, University of Wisconsin
- Jonathan Fisher, Research Scholar, Center on Poverty and Inequality, Stanford University
- Jeffrey Thompson, Economist, Federal Reserve Board of Governors
- Sarah Burgard, Associate Professor of Sociology and Epidemiology, University of Michigan
- Molly King, National Poverty Fellow, Center on Poverty and Inequality, Stanford University
- Sean Reardon, Professor of Education, Stanford University
- Daniel T. Lichter, Ferris Family Professor in the Department of Policy Analysis and Management, Professor of Sociology, and Director of the Cornell Population Center, Cornell University
- Domenico Parisi, Professor of Demography and Applied Statistics, Director of the National Strategic Planning and Analysis Research Center (nSPARC), and Director of the SLDS State Data Clearinghouse, Mississippi State University
- Michael C. Taquino, Deputy Director and Associate Research Professor, National Strategic Planning and Analysis Research Center (nSPARC), Mississippi State University